Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stupid festival

I've spent the last 6 or 7 years often wondering why I'm unable to form a real romantic relationship. These thoughts are usually punctuated with periods of time, where I for some reason suddenly feel content in my eternal state of singledom and happy that I'm not with anyone. Those content times are usually few and far between. However, I'm in one of those happy & single phases now, and it has lasted for several months. That, I believe, is the longest it has ever lasted for me.

Today is a beautiful day; The sun is out and it's warm. So it seems an unlikely day for me to be annoyed about not having a boyfriend. I have great friends to have over or meet up with, so a day like today ought to be all rainbows and unicorns. There's a reason why it's not. It's the festival. The stupid music festival that's on every year that everybody seems to go to. I was supposed to go this year, but having no money and a leg injury has kept me home. My friends on the other hand have (a little) money and uninjured legs, meaning that I'm practically the only one left in town.

So just today, I'm feeling that it would be kind of great to have a boyfriend. Also, so he could make me a smoothie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home